Minecraft Stories #31: Inside Minecraft, Part 1

I tumbled onto grass. I sat up. And I was in Minecraft. Again. Mark groaned.

"Seriously? Again? I barely survived the last one."

The rest of the 9 Deadly Dudes were having similar reactions. Well, most of the rest. Chew-Chew (Jake) was casually eating a piece of pumpkin pie.

"We just jump back in the stinking thing, don't we?" Fred asked.

We looked up at Zarkrendos in mid-leap. It roared. We hit the obsidian frame of the portal. The swirling pattern in the portal had disappeared. We raced across the edge toward Zarkrendos.

"Stank," I said. "Okay... Plan B... Ready, men?"

The 9 Deadly Dudes nodded and pulled out their bows.

"FIRE!!!"

The flaming arrows streaked into Zarkrendos. Again, he ripped them out. Then he threw them at us. I dodged and drank a Potion of Healing. My stomach rumbled loudly. Then I ate a cooked chicken, stuffed an apple into my mouth, and chomped a cookie, sending crumbs flying everywhere. Yes, I was having lunch in the middle of a battle. My health bar was now full.  Then Zarkrendos picked us up and threw us over the crater that used to be my house. We splashed into water. I could see a black speck. Zarkrendos lumbered after us, while creating mini earthquakes with each step. I suddenly realized what I had seen.

"Guys... RUN," I said. We'll be safe at the dot in the horizon. Hurry! It's almost night!!!"

We took off. A few minutes later, we reached my obsidian base. I hustled the 9 Deadly Dudes over a one block wide bridge that spanned a lava pool. We ran across it and leapt onto an obsidian floor. I clambered up the ladder that was in the middle of the part of my fort that was on the ground. I could hear the 9 Deadly Dudes climbing up the rungs behind me. The ladder ended at a sky bridge. I ran across it and flipped a lever that opened an iron door. Me and the 9 Deadly Dudes raced into my fort. The bright light from the torches inside blinded us. We blinked until we could see clearly.

Then we heard the flapping.
Mark sped off toward the windows at the other side.

"Guys? We might have a problem."

I looked out the iron bars at Zarkrendos, hovering on a vex's wings in the black night.

                                   To Be Continued In Inside Minecraft, Part 2...

Comments

Popular Posts